Corallorhiza maculata var. maculata was first described by Nuttall (1823) as Corallorhiza multiflora. Kuntze (1891) transfered it temporarily to Neottia multiflora. For C. multiflora several varieties were proposed, aswell as for C. maculata. Most of these proposals were neglected as they were sometimes based on a single population and in general neglecting the intraspecific variation of this species. Today all the synonyms for Corallorhiza maculata var. maculata are listed on WCSP but are not included on this website. This variety is distinct from other varieties of C. maculata by a shorter expanded middle lobe of labellum and shorter floral bracts (<1 mm) (Freudenstein 1997).
Corallorhiza maculata var. maculata
- The prothallus of Lycopodium clavatum L.
- The case of "Pyrola aphylla" (Pyrola picta)
- Mycoheterotrophy - An Introduction
- Polyphyly of mycoheterotrophic orchids and functional influences on floral and molecular characters
- Rhizanthella omissa, a new species of underground orchid from south eastern Australia.