Described by Beccari (1877), accepted by Jonker (1948) and Saunders (1998). Occurs in Malay Peninsula (Perak and Singapore). Many of the collected specimen in southwestern Sarawak/Malaysia, however, labled as T. aseroe, have been erroneously attributed to this species. Instead, they belong to the recently described Thismia ornata (Dancak et al. 2020).
Thismia aseroe Beccari
- The prothallus of Lycopodium clavatum L.
- The case of "Pyrola aphylla" (Pyrola picta)
- Mycoheterotrophy - An Introduction
- Polyphyly of mycoheterotrophic orchids and functional influences on floral and molecular characters
- Rhizanthella omissa, a new species of underground orchid from south eastern Australia.