Described by Franke (2004), collected from Mount Kupe. Another specimen, collected in Pongara National Park, Gabon, and described as Afrothismia gabonensis (Dauby et al. 2008), was found to be synonymous by Maas-van de Kamer and Maas (2010). In the same publication, the collection Wilks 1179, labelled as Afrothismia winkleri, was identified to be Afrothismia saingei, as well.
Afrothismia saingei T. Franke
- The prothallus of Lycopodium clavatum L.
- The case of "Pyrola aphylla" (Pyrola picta)
- Mycoheterotrophy - An Introduction
- Polyphyly of mycoheterotrophic orchids and functional influences on floral and molecular characters
- Rhizanthella omissa, a new species of underground orchid from south eastern Australia.